Cape Smokey, a year-round mountain playground where land meets sea and your ultimate getaway awaits and welcomes you to choose your own adventure. Take your first gondola ride in Atlantic Canada, to views of the ocean and Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Located on Cape Breton Island, voted Travel and Leisure Magazine’s #1 Island in Canada, Cape Smokey is the destination for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, hiking trails to stunning vistas, kayaking and fun on the water located our marina, live music and taking in the best views of the world-famous Cabot Trail. From the mountain top look off platforms, you can enjoy a cold beverage and snacks from 2 of our licensed snack shops or enjoy a fresh local menu at our restaurant at the base of Cape Smokey and a year-round patio. For upcoming events and updates, please visit our website capesmokey.ca and social media pages @capesmokey.
- Experience the beauty of Cape Smokey in all four seasons with views of the Cape Breton Highlands and Atlantic Ocean from Atlantic Canada’s first gondola
- Explore hiking trails to stunning vistas before enjoying local snacks and beverages from our licensed Summit Shack at the top of Cape Smokey
- At the Ingonish Marina, have fun on the water with our paddleboard and kayak rentals available June – September
- Embrace winter with snowshoeing and exceptional downhill skiing and snowboarding terrain.
- Equipment rental packages available Enjoy a fresh local menu at our year-round restaurant and patio at the base of Cape Smokey
Address 38696 Cabot Trail Road, Ingonish Beach, Nova Scotia, Canada
Phone (Primary) 902-294-0051