Ingonish Beach Campground – Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Location: Cape Breton Highlands National Park, 1 km from the eastern entrance of the park. The campground is a sparsely wooded, quiet campground that is just a 10-minute walk to a supervised ocean beach and unsupervised freshwater lake beach with a playground close by. GPS location: N46 39.239 W60 24.043
Ingonish Beach Campground has 56 tenting sites with fireplaces and 4 oTENTik units. Please note that pets are welcome at campsites but not permitted in oTENTik units. Accessible campsites are available. Many amenities located close by in the village of Ingonish Beach.
- Washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
- Potable water
- Kitchen shelters with picnic tables and wood stoves
- Group fireplaces
- Wifi hotspot
- Nearby: laundry, camping supplies, groceries, gas station, restaurants
- Parks Canada programming in July and August including nature presentations and programs for youth and families, geocaching
- Nearby: guided coastal walks and adventure night hikes, mid-June to mid-September. (applicable fees)
- Swimming in ocean or freshwater lake
- Golf at the world-class Highlands Links
- Soccer field, tennis court and playground
- Nearby in Ingonish: whale tours, craft shops
There are several nearby walking and hiking trails, including:
- Freshwater Lake – an easy walk around the lake -great for strollers.
- Broad Cove Mountain – a short, steep climb to panoramic views.
- Middle Head – walk on a stunning rocky headland between two bays.
Park is open year-round but full visitor services are only available from mid-May until mid-October.
Please be responsible and join with us in caring for our environment. Take your garbage with you, keep wildlife at a safe distance, and stay on designated trails to protect fragile plant life.
Nature, other visitors, and future generations will be thankful for your stewardship.